Haulin Dirt

Thursday 13 October 2011

3 Decembers

It’s the time of the year again when I start scouting for family package tours and short getaways for the coming December holidays. Since Hendrik came in 2008, my family normally spends our Christmas in Singapore and outside of the country for the New Year. 

I have this personal notion to culminate the year by going overseas for many reasons. First, it is one way of being grateful to the things that transpired throughout the whole year to reward ourselves for the job well done and the trials we have gone through. Second, I particularly love the idea of welcoming and celebrating the very first day of the year in another place. I don’t know why, but it just makes me feel good. What makes it more special and memorable is that New Year’s Eve is just 1 day shy from my birthday, so we get to celebrate my birthday abroad too! =) 

So far, our three December overseas trips (holiday starts last week of December and ends until first week of January) were our post Christmas, my birthday and New Year celebrations rolled into one! There are indeed a lot of things to be grateful for.

As the saying goes, a picture says a thousand words - so I am not going to write our itinerary and describe the excitement and fun we had with our trips. The following slideshows will convey the feelings and messages they depict.

1st December: Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia - 2008


2nd December: Hong Kong (HK), China - 2009


3rd December: Malacca, Malaysia - 2010



~~~ end ~~~

1 comment:

  1. weeee...the family that travels together stays together....can I join?

    ReplyDelete