Haulin Dirt

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Officially the family pianist!

Last night during our regular Monday night Family Home Evening, it was the first time I asked Hendrik to play the piano while we sing the opening and closing songs. I expected he will choose the pieces he regularly plays, like “Let It Be”, “My Heart Will Go On” or “A Whole New World”. As I was suggesting songs to him, Lola blurted out that Hendrik can play “The Wheels on the Bus”. I was surprised when I heard it coz “The Wheels on the Bus” is not included in the keyboard’s song bank where Hendrik can follow the lights to play on. It was also definitely not in Lola’s piano books. Then, Lola asked Hendrik to play to show me and Joseph. Whoah! I was feeling proud while he was playing and more so teary-eyed when I learned that Lola never taught him to find the tunes. Hendrik did it by himself!

So, Hendrik played the piano while we sang “The Wheels on the Bus” as our opening song and “Jingle Bells” as our closing song. 05 December 2011 Family Home Evening was the time when Hendrik officially became our family pianist! I am a very proud Mommy… =)


~~~ end ~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment