Haulin Dirt

Thursday 18 October 2012

Our Very Own Composer

There have been instances wherein Hendrik plays a tune in the keyboard where I know neither me nor Lola taught him. And when I ask him who taught him the notes, he would answer, “No one…”, right away. Further, I ask if he’s the one who looked for the notes and created the tune..., of course he will answer with a “Yes…”.

I know he has a very sharp memory and that he can easily remember the ones we taught him. But, I didn’t expect and was actually very surprised that he also knows the difference in each note. He knows which note to press in order to make the correct tune.

The first video is his rendition of what he calls “Seven Days in a Week”. The song, “Seven Days in a Week”, was taught to them in school; and I would usually hear Hendrik sing this song at home. Because he likes the song so much, he arranged a keyboard / piano piece for it.

"Seven Days in a Week" | 4 y/o

♪ There are seven days ♪
♪ There are seven days ♪
♪ In a week, in a week ♪
♪ Sunday, Monday, Tuesday ♪
♪ Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ♪
♪ Saturday… Saturday ♪


The next video is his rendition of the Korean cartoon TV series, “Tayo the Little Bus”. He only managed to figure out the 1st 2 lines of the opening song. But, not bad, eh?

"Tayo the Little Bus" | 4 y/o

♪ Tayo, Tayo, Tayo, Tayo, he's a friendly little bus ♪
♪ Speeding up, slowing down Tayo’s always loves to run ♪

I asked him to complete the whole song, but I guess it was too much of me to ask of him. I myself, cannot even figure out the first 2 or 3 notes!

There is another rendition, a song he calls “Singapore, Singapore – Tropical Fruit Paradise”. He said the song was also taught to them in school by their music teacher, Auntie Sook Ching. I googled the song, hoping to find the lyrics, but unfortunately couldn’t find it. I suppose it is an original piece composed by their teacher. Hendrik was able to complete the keyboard / piano piece, but cannot remember the entire lyrics. One of these days, I will ask the school for the lyrics so that I can upload it together with Hendrik’s accompaniment of it as another blog entry.


Related posts:
Little Mozart - Hendrik's collection of piano / keyboard pieces since he was barely 2 years old.
Christmas Medley - Hendrik played a Christmas medley on Christmas eve, 24 December 2011.
Family Pianist - Blog entry where Hendrik became our official family pianist.    


~~~ end ~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment