Haulin Dirt

Saturday 9 July 2011

Monthly Cakes

We began the tradition of having a birthday cake for Hendrik every 20th of the month from his full month celebration on 20 July 2008 until he turned 11 months old on 20 May 2009. This monthly cake tradition was to celebrate Hendrik’s monthly birthday in anticipation of his first annual birthday.

Automatically, I was given the task of buying his monthly cakes although sometimes Joseph would do it if I got caught up with work. We would go to Bakerzin, Prima Deli and Bake Inc. to choose from the variety of cakes displayed on the racks. And since I worked at The Tanglin Club (the most prominent and prestigious social club in Singapore) for quite some time, I also used to order cakes from the club’s F&B outlet. I think the pastry chef and decorator would have wondered why I always order cake and why it would have a “Happy Birthday Hendrik” text on each cake! And since my former bosses (my supervisor and the general manager) also sign on my order form, they must have thought that I have a peculiar family wherein we celebrate birthdays every month! Anyways, Joseph and I thought that this is a family tradition, and we would only be doing it until Hendrik turns 11 months old; after which will be the usual annual birthday cake.

So, here are Hendrik’s cakes. Sad thing is that for his 7th month we didn't have a snapshot of the cake since Joseph was in Manila, hence our official photog was absent during this month.

Cheers!

1st month - 20 July 2008

2nd month - 20 August 2008

3rd month - 20 September 2008

4th month - 20 October 2008

5th month - 20 November 2008

6th month - 20 December 2008

8th month - 20 February 2009

9th month - 20 March 2009

10 month - 20 April 2009

11 month - 20 May 2009


~~~ end ~~~

3 comments:

  1. what colorful cakes these are! I bet they taste like heaven. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. we also did it for Liesl. Hendrik is really a darling! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Claire Bear: i am so waiting for Pia Banana's first blog entry... =)

    @ Lei: thanks. appreciate that you dropped by...

    ReplyDelete